Please Note That We Won't Hold Clinic on July 3, 2013.
Clinics are held the first and third wednesday of each month normally. Occasionally, we may need to cancel a Clinic date. When this happens, the cancellation date(s) will be posted on this website.
If you've been to Wellness Clinic and need a copy of your animal's documentation/rabies certificate, etc., please contact Dr. Hurley D.V.M. directly at 804.779.7071.
Hanover Humane Society doesn't have access to Wellness Clinic data.
EFFECTIVE August 1, 2011:
A $40 exam fee will apply for clients with 5 or more animals seeing the vet at any one clinic.
On Clinic days, doors open to the public at 4:00 pm. and close at 5:45 pm.
Clients are seen on a first come/first served basis. No appointments are given.
Wellness Clinic Prices Are Subject To Change Without Notice.
For those of us who own cats and dogs, it can be an expensive proposition to properly care for them. Wellness Clinic is offered to the public at Hanover Humane’s facility at 12190 Washington Highway in Ashland. Dr. Kathryn Hurley DVM conducts each Wellness Clinic with staffing provided by Hanover Humane's volunteers.
Clinic was established to provide preventative medical care for healthy animals. A $40 Exam Fee will apply for clients having 5 or more animals under review by the vet at any one clinic. In addition, a health certification exam fee may apply in some circumstances as outlined below.
The Wellness Clinic is not a full-service veterinary facility; services are limited to routine vaccines and testing only. Clients having animals that are injured or sick (upper respiratory infections, bloody stools, ear infections/issues, skin lesions, baldness, etc.) will need to visit their regular vet for treatment. Animals needing emergency services will need to be seen by either a local veterinary hospital, the Veterinary Referral and Critical Care facility, or the Veterinary Emergency Center.
Hanover Humane's Wellness Clinic staff and facility are not equipped to deal with feral cats or dogs; these will not be seen by the veterinarian during Wellness Clinic. Clients with feral cats or dogs will need to visit their regular vet for services.
Additional Wellness Clinic Information....
Clients are expected to pay for all services before leaving the Wellness Clinic; clients will not be billed.
Please note that personal checks are NOT accepted at Wellness Clinic. The following payment options are available to clients:
* Cash * Visa * Mastercard * Discover card.
All clients are handled on a first-come/first-served basis with a queue formed as clients are checked in. Clients who check-in and then leave the facility will lose their spot in the queue. They will be placed at the end of the line.
Wellness Clinic clients are expected to remain with their animal(s) at all times.
To minimize confusion, one handler per animal will be allowed to see the vet. Additional family members, friends, children, etc. will need to remain in the reception area.
As posted throughout the facility, we respectfully request that you refrain from using your Cell Phone while working with our volunteers and veterinary staff at Wellness Clinic.
For safety purposes, all dogs and cats must be restrained by a leash and collar or contained in a crate.
Please note that a minimum $40 office visit fee will apply per animal for some veterinary services including, but not limited to:
1. Health certification for air travel,
2. Health certification and completion of documentation for Therapy Dogs,
3. Health certification and completion of documentation for breeding purposes, etc.
The following is a fee schedule of services, with pricing subject to change without notice:
• Exam Fee
- No Exam Fee applies for clients having 1 to 4 animals being reviewed by the vet at any one Clinic.
- $40 Exam Fee for clients having 5 or more animals being reviewed by the vet at any one Clinic.
- Certification Exam Fee for therapy dogs, breeding purposes, air travel, etc. $40 MINIMUM CHARGE.
• Distemper Vaccine (Dog) $24
• Lyme Vaccine $34
• Lepto Vaccine $24
• Bordetella $16
• Distemper Vaccine (Cat) $23
• Rabies Vaccine (1 or 3 year) $12
• Heartworm/Lyme/Ehrlichia Test $32
• Heartworm Test $24
• Fecal $12
• Feline Leukemia Vaccine $25
• Rabies Vaccine (Purevax one year/cats only) $16
• Feline Leukemia and Aids Test $34
• Heartworm Preventative (six months, as approved by Dr. Hurley, DVM) $27-$60. (Pricing varies based on the weight of the animal and product.)
• Flea and Tick Preventative $54-$60. (Pricing varies based on the weight of the animal and the product purchased.)
• Microchipping Insertion $35 PLEASE NOTE: Microchip Registration is required through Home Again; Annual fees apply.
Deep appreciation goes to our veterinarian, Dr. Kathryn Hurley, for making this program possible!
Darlene Ellington, Darlene Hess, Dr. Kathryn Hurley DVM, and Trish Stanley
Dr. Kathryn Hurley DVM